Reporting urgent online safety issues:

We hope that you never have to use these, but these are the places you can go for help.*

Grooming or other illegal behaviour:

If you want to report someone who is behaving suspiciously online towards a child, you should in an emergency contact the emergency services by calling 999, or otherwise make a report to CEOP, the Child Exploitation Online Protection Centre, see

Child sexual abuse images: 

If you stumble across criminal content online, you should report this to the Internet Watch Foundation  t Criminal content in the UK includes child sexual abuse images, criminally obscene adult content as well as non-photographic childsexual abuse images.

Online terrorism:

You can report terrorism related content to the police’s Counter Terrorism Internet Referral Unit at

Hate Speech: 

Online content which incites hatred on the grounds of race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender  should be reported to True Vision at

Media content inappropriate for children:

If you want to make a complaint about an advert, television or radio programme, film, newspaper, magazine, video game or other type of content that you think is unsuitable for children to see or hear, you can report it through ParentPort at Click on Make a Complaint and ParentPort will take you straight to the right place to complain to.

Reporting scams:

If you have been ‘scammed, ripped off or conned’ you can report to Action Fraud online or on 0300 1232040. It is a 24/7 service This service is run by the City of London Police.


Is free 24/7 helpline for children and young people. You can call 0800 1111 or chat online at ChildLine is run by the NSPCC.

Family Lives:

Charity providing help and support in all aspects of family life. They have a 24/7 free Parentline on 0808 8002222, or visit

*Advice and content above taken from