As part of the academy family, we ask that all children follow the prescribed dress code. The uniform ensures consistency amongst pupils and sets a leading example for all involved.
Uniform can be purchased from the Smart School Uniform shop in Newcastle.
- White shirt (long or short sleeve) and Blue/maroon striped academy tie- Year 5/6
- White polo shirt – Nursery to Y4
- Dark Grey trousers/skirt/pinafore – All pupils
- Maroon jumper/cardigan with the school logo on – All pupils
- White/grey socks/tights – All pupils
- Black shoes/boots (No trainers) – All pupils
Optional Summer Uniform
- Maroon/red and white checked summer dress
- Dark grey shorts
- We encourage school shoes at all times and advise against open toed sandals.
- White t-shirt with school logo or plain white t-shirt
- Black shorts/tracksuit bottoms (plain)
- Swimming costume (no bikinis) / fitted swimming trunks (not beach wear)
- Swimming cap – for hair below the ears.
- Hair needs to be suitable for Academy life. Long hair (below the collar) should be tied back.
- Fashion styles such as patterned shaved styles are not acceptable.
- For safety reasons jewellery should not be worn in the Academy. Watches are permitted.
- Stud earrings are acceptable as long as they can be removed by the child at PE times.
A smart uniforms improves discipline, self-esteem and self-respect. Uniform focuses attention upon learning and away from distractions.
So that all pupils have a sense of pride in their appearance, we ask that the uniform is worn appropriately and in its entirety as described above.
Pupils not adhering to the uniform code will be supported in ensuring they do not face discrimination because of this. Pupils arriving in trainers will be given black pumps or shoes to wear (depending on size) until the end of the academy day. Pupils without ties will be given a replacement for the day. Parents will be informed that this has taken place so they can assist with ensuring the correct uniform is worn in future.
On occasions, where medical conditions are evidenced to the academy, there can and will be reasonable adjustments made.
Please contact the Principal, Mrs Niemczyk, if you have questions regarding the academy uniform.